Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Crossword (Puzzle) ***FLASHYNEWSFLASHY***

Saviour of the Universe, Jeff Ooi has uncovered another heinous crime on the part of the mainstream media monsters! As he has reported in a post today, the long-standing crossword puzzles concocted by beloved humourist and all-round beloved person Uncle Yap have been discontinued in the Brand Spanking New Sunday Times. Yes, discontinued.

One Screenshots commenter, in between bleats and baas, had this to say: "Is it just me,or has poor Uncle Yap just become the innocent victim of a rather pedantic war-of-words between two very articulate yet very stubborn men?"

Yes of course! It's obvious! There is a feud on, a vendetta, and naturally it is a viciously effective tactical strike to discontinue the Sunday crossword puzzle in order to gain a strategic edge in this "war-of words"! Because, you see, just like in a war-of-fire you can never ignore the crossfire, in a war-of-words you can never ignore the crossword! I can't see why I never reached this conclusion earlier.

Potshots has sent out the Little Earthworm brigade to dig up more information, but for now they have only unearthed one interesting fact - it appears Uncle Yap practises a new form of religion that worships crossword puzzles. As Jeff Ooi himself puts it, "I do know Uncle Yap crafted his crossword religiously not for the money". I'm endeavouring to contact Uncle Yap myself and find out more about this crossword religion - which has been identified as 'Crosswordism' - as well as whether he considers himself to be like the Pope or the Dalai Lama, since he's the Uncle of this religion.

Until then, this is Potshots, always with the latest, the greatest and the updatingatest. Don't be a pawn, move the pawns, and remember Warcraft III is for wusses.


It is said that the Crosswordists have considered this book deeply offensive and heretical, ever since it was published.

11 Comments:

Blogger Arena Green said...

Hi! Sorry for my daft behaviour - that was very rude of me. I shall learn a lesson from this - that it's hard to wipe out the evidence once the sh** has been dropped (hehehe). Still can join the DaftOi patriot's club ah?

4/4/06 11:32  
Blogger Not Billy, Edward or Yorke said...

Haiyah, is no problem. Patriots must hold no grudges to ensure that what is best for the country remains our focus.

Let's design a Malaysian Blog Patriots button to wear on our shirts so we can look cool and banging. Buttons, man!

4/4/06 13:08  
Blogger Arena Green said...

Haiyah ... who wants to look at aunties and uncles wearing buttons ah? You are really daft! hehehe

4/4/06 14:37  
Blogger *lynne* said...

hi, dropped by via a link from AisehMan :-) Good sh*t here all right, am gonna blogroll ya, ok? :-)

4/4/06 17:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he he... i swear i ll never eat earth worms ever again. not good for chirping anyway.

5/4/06 13:20  
Blogger Not Billy, Edward or Yorke said...

yes. try some nectar instead. heard its good for the throat.

5/4/06 18:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please. please do enlighten me. I am new here so forgive me if I sound ignorant but ignorant I am. What's with this Jeff Ooi bashing thing here? Am I missing something here? I hope I am still here on earth but what's happening here? Is there a catch somewhere? Are any of you waiting for a dumb ass to ask this question and then pounce on that dumb ass namely me and shout 'Gotcha' or is this a dedicated 'lets get Jeff Ooi' blog that you've got here. Having said all this, still a bloody good place to cool off you know.

5/4/06 22:19  
Blogger Not Billy, Edward or Yorke said...

Dear Anonymous a/l Aloysius,

Jeff Ooi bashing? Why such groundless claims, my dear Jill Prelude Civic? Is Noam Chomsky an America-basher? Is Jeff Ooi an NST-basher?
Surely NOBODY would stand by such claims seriously. The priority here is the truth, the whole truth and not just Kenny's Quarter Truth with three sidelines.

5/4/06 22:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Calling daft, this is the same dumb ass at no 7. No I am not the a/l kind, I am the bin kind. The only think I know of Chomsky is one who is a psycholinguist and if he bashes America too, good for him. If Jeff f=@#@ NST good for Jeff, and if you f@%&$% Jeff, how was it? Tel me.tell me,tell me

6/4/06 08:49  
Blogger Not Billy, Edward or Yorke said...

it's nice to know that you've been kind, however, i am sure if anyone has done anything to Ooi, he will report it himself. With regards to any f@%&$%-ing, I will only say that i am short of a few percentage points and dollars on that. Care to donate?

6/4/06 12:51  
Blogger mob1900 said...

aiseh Anonymous,
It's simple, if you don't like Potshots, don't read it.

Or you could even do the cycle like hamsters, like bashing-Daft for bashing-Jeff who inturn bash-NST. Have a blog like Daft-daftoi or something.

But for the rest of us avid fans, we appreciate 'alternate' views from Jeff's eveeel twin here. You gottha give Dafty and his worm brigade some credits for coming up such an entertaining work.

Unless, you're really Jeff Ooi being pissed and commenting behind a nick.
=P

12/4/06 03:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home